Yes, it is nearly Christmas and I am updating on past holidays. I knew as soon as Halloween was approaching that it would be fast forward! Sure enough.
Halloween was a blast this year! William and Grace were so excited about this holiday and talked about it every day. William sang so many Halloween songs and Grace would pretend to tip toe around the house scaring us. Both of them thought it was hysterical to get a "scream" of fright from us.
The original plan for costumes was for William and Grace to do something jointly (because I think it's adorable), but then I felt bad that William probably would want to be a superhero of some sort. The first idea was the Wizard of Oz. William would be the scarecrow and Grace would be Dorothy. I felt bad and William said he wanted to be a Optimus Prime, a Transformer. To work I went because I wasn't happy with the store bought costume. Optimus Prime is boxy and transforms. The store costume looked like a Spiderman costume. No good. I bought boxes, spray paint and got to work. Well fast forward to the day before their school Halloween parade and the dress rehearsal. William said Optimus Prime was not a comfortable costume and he wanted to be a scarecrow. WHAT?! Thankfully, I constructed a scarecrow costume for our neighborhood Halloween block party and that was ready. SO, William ended up being a scarecrow and was super excited about it. Grace ended up being a bee because I heard too many people say, "Grace is BUSY as a bee!" and thought it was too perfect. My mom spotted an adorable bee costume at the store and we went with it. She looked so cute and loved the wings.

Both of them walked in the school Halloween parade and I loved it. All the kids look adorable and it is so much fun to watch. Both had their Halloween parties at school at the same time, so I ran from class to class watching the activity.
 |
| Grace's first school Halloween parade |
 |
| William the scarecrow with his class |
 |
| Grace's class attempting to take a group shot |
 |
| Many Elsas |
 |
| Grace's class party |
 |
| Cutest table setup for the kids |
 |
| William's class party |
 |
| Games after snack time |
Friday night we had our neighborhood block party. It was the second year for this party and it is so much fun. We just need to remember to put glow-in-the-dark t-shirts on the kids next year because the sun sets and it is hard to watch them among the sea of kids. One older neighborhood kid dressed as a wolf man and it was a pretty terrifying costume. Grace jumped ten feet in the air when she saw him and the kid figured out William was terrified of the costume and kept chasing William. William still talks about wolf man.
Then Halloween came around and as usual the Baldwin Park Halloween is a circus. It was a Saturday too. We picked up tons and tons of candy from Costco and of course it was a mad dash to hand it out as quickly as possible. William helped handing it out at times too. We used it all up (minus one bag I found hidden in the closet... thinking Matt is the culprit). William and Grace both had a blast walking up to different homes to trick or treat, and they even walked up to the super spooky house a block over. They go above and beyond in decorating for Halloween. Holograms, creepy music, life size scary statues... It's a very fun house to visit.
 |
| Cousins Max and Miles came over to trick or treat |
 |
| Before the madness begins |
 |
| Neighbor Beckham stopped by for treats |
 |
| Some friends from school and neighborhood came over |
 |
| Trick or treating! |
 |
| Ghosts don't scare this bunch |
 |
| Sugar intake was ridiculous |
 |
| Lots of fun getting candy |
A very fun Halloween with these two. They both really got it and it was fun to see. Looking forward to next Halloween already! William says he wants to be Indiana Jones and Grace can be Marion! Haha!
No comments:
Post a Comment