Saturday, December 19, 2015

36, 37 and 38 Weeks

And the weekly checks for baby Clare's arrival began on December 4.


  • 36 week check was nothing. No progress. 
  • 37 week check on December 10 was nothing as well. I went to my hematologist the next day to see how my platelets were doing.


37 week check entourage... oh geez
My platelets dropped big time - panic mode! They were in the 70s and so I started my prescription.

I had my blood drawn the day before (Thursday) my 38 week appointment to see how they were looking after a week of my prescription. No change!! Double panic mode! I wasn't suppose to see my hematologist, but I tracked her down and she said there wasn't much to do. I'd have to wait. I crossed my fingers that my 38 week appointment the next day (this past Friday) would be no change in the dilating/effacing area as well.


  • 38 week check appointment results on Friday were 1 cm dilated and 0% effaced. Baby Clare is still high up in my belly. Phew... Now the waiting game to see if this prescription will kick in and I can get my epidural. 


I'll be 39 weeks on Monday and I'm suppose to have my blood drawn again on Wednesday. I'm going to walk into the hematologist on Monday morning to see if they'll check it sooner. I can't wait another few days because I'm guessing this baby will be coming later next week. Right now my guess is the day after Christmas... Matt says there is a full moon on Christmas and my grandma the baby nurse at Fairfax Hospital always said crazy things happen on full moons in the delivery/baby ward... I wouldn't be so opposed to a nice Christmas morning and wheeling into the hospital that night - baby being born on the 26th, ideally :) My 39 week appointment is on Christmas Eve (Friday).

I've felt a little cramping and I'm quite tired. I'm really, really trying to take it easy.

Cross your fingers for my platelets to hit 100 before my 39 week appointment! Otherwise, this delivery story may be more dramatic than the past two that were extremely uneventful, peaceful and pain free.

But most of all - I want a safe and healthy delivery for all. We are very excited for baby Clare's arrival! I can't believe it is right upon us. I've been asked if I'm ready for 3 and honestly, I haven't had a single anxious thought about having a third child at home. Maybe it should phase me more, but I figure the more the merrier! Yes it can get crazy, but the fun outweighs it all. Famous last words, right :)

I still need to pack my hospital bag... we really need to get our act together over here. I do have a few goodies pulled out for Clare's hospital bag. I love the tiny little gowns and hats for a baby...

Clare Virginia goodies

No comments:

Post a Comment