Thursday, December 24, 2015

39 Week Appointment

I had my 39 week appointment this morning with Dr. Dukes, but I wasn't sure last night that I would make it to this appointment! Last night I laid in bed with cramping and pressure that I was neeearly ready to wake up Matt. Instead I decided to get up and walk around the house to see how I felt moving around. This was at 2 a.m. I cut up strawberries for breakfast prep, organized the kids' stocking stuffers, wrapped the gifts Matt hadn't wrapped for his Orosz Family Secret Santa, setup Buddy the Elf for his last day, pulled out the reindeer food for Christmas Eve... amazing how productive one can be at that ungodly hour... But the pressure stopped, I got sleepy and went back to bed at 4 a.m. 

Nothing happened and so I went to my regular appointment. Dr. Dukes checked and progressing along - I'm now 2cm and 30/50% effaced, she's a bit lower too. William and Grace were at that exact point at their 39 weeks checks too! 

So the waiting continues. Talk about suspenseful! Christmas and not knowing when your baby will arrive is pretty exciting. We are ready though and happy to see her when she's ready. Dr. Dukes is on call Christmas and the rest of the holiday weekend and I'd be very happy to have him deliver Clare. Next week early in the week are a couple random doctors on call from the practice I never see, which would be fine - but it would be nice to have a doctor I'm fond of. I'm still perfectly fine to wait - physically it's not comfortable, but so long as my feet are up and I'm sitting there isn't a problem. 

If she doesn't arrive this weekend then I go back on Monday (due date) and play it by ear. They wouldn't let me go beyond a week from my due date and Dr. Dukes said I'm a perfect candidate for induction (because I'm already progressing and this is a third). So he'd let me pick a day next week. Hopefully it doesn't come to that though. It would seem so strange for a third delivery to go late and end up induced when the first two came early and on their own. Stranger things have happened though. 

When will Clare arrive...?

No comments:

Post a Comment