 |
| Our 2 year old William |
William turned 2 this past weekend (on Saturday) and I still can't believe it! He's getting so big so fast! We partied all weekend long and I think he was very satisfied with the amount of cake he consumed. He has a sweet tooth like his Daddy! What big changes from his 1st birthday to his 2nd birthday. This year when we sang "Happy Birthday" to him he listened and took it all in then blew out his own candles (first, clapping and saying "good job" to everyone singing). He waited until I was able to get him a plate and fork then he dove into his treat instead of face first like his 1st birthday party! I will recap what we did this weekend to celebrate!
Friday we hosted the breakfast club at our house to celebrate the 2nd birthday milestone. We didn't do a formal party like last year since I figure William isn't too interested in the details - he just wants to play! Also helped me out a bit by keeping it low key and easy :) Matt dropped off Dunkin Donuts coffee, bagels and donuts for us all to enjoy, I picked up a cake shaped like a donut then we let all the kiddies play in the backyard. Lots of fun!
 |
| William LOVES balloons |
 |
| Doughnut cake |
 |
| Breakfast is served! |
 |
| Bounce house fun |
 |
| All the toddlers love a baby - Grace has an audience |
 |
| Happy Birthday to William |
 |
| Cake with Max |
 |
| All the cousins came together for a picture - surprise! |
Saturday was William's actual birthday and Matt and I decorated Friday night with balloons - William's favorite! We blew up balloons ourselves and let them dangle from the hallway arch with streamers interspersed between! A Pinterest idea - I won't take full credit! He loved it! When he came down the stairs he was very impressed then was running back and forth through the balloons. We served scrambled eggs and fruit for breakfast, opened his birthday gift - a fake fish that swims in water and some train and car stickers then off to the playground with Daddy! Grandma Doreen and my friend Erin came into town that day for Grace's baptism, so we did a couple airport runs then continued William's birthday celebration post-nap. We did a shrimp boil for dinner then another "Happy Birthday" song for William and blowing out the candles!
 |
We read Good Night Good Night Construction Site two times on 2nd Birthday Eve |
 |
| Good morning 2 year old! |
 |
| Birthday balloons! |
 |
| Birthday present |
 |
| A fake fish that actually swims in water - no daily care necessary :) |
 |
| Birthday shrimp boil |
 |
| The official Happy Birthday! |
Sunday morning was Grace's baptism day! We had a relaxed morning at home then got ready for her baptism at 1:15 p.m. William usually takes a nap at 12:30 p.m., but did great staying up well past his nap time. We got home around 2:30 p.m. and he went down for a nap until the rest of the family came over for a joint baptism-birthday party. We served pork tenderloin, Doreen's famous beans, salad and fruit salad. Baptism cake was served for dessert and ANOTHER birthday cupcake for the birthday boy! We also showcased William's 1st year video that is about 90% complete! I know! It has taken way too much time to finish, but I do have a couple good excuses - moving, moving a 2nd time then a new baby sister! I just need a couple more hours and it will be finished. I am vowing to do a video each year to keep all the great photos and videos together and organized. It's amazing to review it all and see how different things are today from a year ago.
 |
| Ready for little sister's baptism |
 |
| Brotherly sisterly love |
 |
| Go Go Go at Annunciation |
 |
| Happy Birthday to William! |
 |
| Blowing out his candles |
 |
| Yay! "Good job!" as William says |
 |
| LOTS of sugar this weekend |
In addition to lots of sugar, there was lots of love this weekend! William is one lucky boy to have so many people in his life that love him dearly and were around to join in the birthday celebrations. We had such a great weekend and feel so lucky to have such a happy, smart, funny, adorable little 2 year old! I would freeze it all right now if I could. Instead I try to sear these moments into my memory to keep forever.
Happy 2nd birthday to you, William! We love you!
No comments:
Post a Comment