![]() |
| Had to wake her up for a check-up |
![]() |
| Great check-up! |
Here were the stats:
14 lbs 6 oz - 50th% percentile
26" - 95th% percentile
Exactly like William did at his 4 month wellness visit! Right at 4 months they started to lean out. Both of them had really dramatic weight gain in the first couple months then it tapers off. I imagine because they're both sleeping through the night and eating at more regular intervals. The doctor said that is typically the situation right before they start solids, which he mentioned to begin now. I didn't think we'd get the go ahead to start food this early because with William he mentioned wait till around 5 months or 6 months, but I guess things have changed? I remember my mom saying she started me on solids at 4 months, so who knows, I think anytime between 4-6 months is good. To be honest I'm not really as excited to start food as I was with William. Nursing and bottles are just so easy!! Food gets so messy and let me tell you... the dust buster and the mop are right next to William's high chair at our house. It's a three times a day clean fest in that area. Phew... Maybe Miss Grace will be more delicate and careful with her eating?? She hasn't really shown any interest in food, such as grabbing at what I'm eating or drinking and so I probably will wait another month. I'll also probably start with oatmeal instead of that rice mixture stuff. I think we only did the rice once with William and he wasn't a fan. Keep you posted on that milestone.
We also checked out Grace's first tooth! Pretty early to pop up. Matt and his mom spotted the tooth on New Year's Day. I told Matt a few days earlier I had noticed a little white mark on her gum, but got distracted and never checked it out (the very typical scenario nowadays!) and sure enough, it was what I thought it was! A tiny little tooth - her bottom right and the tooth next door (bottom left) is peeking right under the gums too. She hasn't been too bothered by it, but she does have her fingers in her mouth a lot nowadays.
A couple shots and we were on our way.
We don't go back until 6 months! By then she could be sitting up and eating food. Wow how time flies with a little baby!! So many milestones and so many changes. Great check-up, lady!


No comments:
Post a Comment