Monday, January 6, 2014

4 Month Old Grace

Grace - 4 Months Old

Grace turned 4 months old on New Year's Eve! The celebration ended at 7:30 p.m. when she goes to bed though. No watching the ball drop this year! Grace amazes me each and every day. She is so happy and smiley all the time. Still loves being talked to and looked at!



As I mentioned in her 3 month post, she's rolling. She rolls constantly. I can't keep her on her back for more than a few minutes before she's flipped over and staring ahead of her. The farmyard mat isn't nearly as entertaining as it was. She even rolls over to her tummy to sleep at night.

Speaking of night - she sleeps 7:30p - 7:30a. She hasn't been up in the middle of the night needing help to get back to sleep for weeks. The swaddle was disposed of as soon as the rolling started. I'd wake up in the morning and see her on the monitor flipped over on her tummy in the swaddle! She looked like a fish out of water flopping around in the morning. So we just went cold turkey with the swaddle and she's been perfectly happy without it. I guess it was a good newborn tool. When I put her down at night I just put her tummy down first. She loves sleeping that way.



In addition to rolling Grace is very good at sitting in the Bumbo and standing in her exersaucer. Santa brought her an exersaucer for Christmas and she's really enjoying it. Funny to watch her concentrate on the different toys, pushing and spinning the different objects. The exersaucer will come in handy now that she's becoming mobile and so I can tend to Sir William's needs when necessary. She still likes Mortimer the Moose and the Peacock. Both make a crunchy noise and she's a fan of chewing on them. The rings are fun as well. I like to have a few available at all times because she likes to hold them and chew on them. I also got her another book similar to the Hungry Caterpillar book that I had for William. Of all his toys I think that was one of the top ones. It was great when we were out and about because it's crunchy and colorful and has a couple rings hanging off the side to grab. Hopefully she likes her version of the book too!

Strong sitter

I love my tummy!

This exersaucer is GREAT!

Big brother William is still a great big brother! A few days ago he tried to give her a bottle. It was too funny. She was actually done with the bottle, but he kept trying to pop it into her mouth for more. She gets a huge kick out of him too. Always staring at him and smiling. Already looking up to big brother! Even when he pokes her eyes and pats her on the head a little too hard :)

I don't even mind when you poke my eyes!

Baby? Baby?

The newborn days seem officially gone. The regular sleepiness has diminished, she's very alert and can spot me from across the room. She giggles a lot and has a lot of different voices. Sometimes they're very loud and other times it's very light talking. Too funny. She's eating 5 times a day at pretty regular times. Waiting 3 hours isn't a problem. It's nice to know that if I feed her then head out to the gym or lunch that I'll have a certain amount of time to do that. She's been really good at the gym in their daycare center. Not once have they had to come find me on the gym floor :) Grace is great in the car too. Never makes a peep unless she's hungry.

So far so good! Little Miss Grace is a huge sweetheart and we love her very much! Happy 4 month birthday!  



No comments:

Post a Comment