Friday, May 6, 2016

It's Potty Time!

Potty training time finally arrived for Miss Grace!



She's been potty ready for probably three or four months now. I debated doing it at the end of October before Clare arrived, but completely lacked all energy to do so. I decided to wait until Clare arrived. Then Clare arrived and I decided I would wait until Clare was sleeping through the night (I mean 12 hours) and she didn't do that until she was 14-15 weeks old! Grace kept getting notes from school saying she was using the potty, she's been taking her diaper off at home to use the potty and she's been telling me when she needs to use the potty. Those are more than signs. She basically was potty training herself! Ha!

So this past weekend I took her diaper off on Saturday and told her she could wear her Minnie Mouse underwear that she got in her Christmas stocking. It was done. She has had no accidents. We didn't even hunker down at home for the weekend like we did with William. We went about our weekend as usual and she used the potty on the go. Of course William's Thomas the Train potty came along for the ride as well. She was pretty excited to see the train potty!

She's telling people when she needs to go. She doesn't have a problem telling someone she's not completely familiar with even that she needs to go (she went to lunch bunch on Tuesday, which is extended care and usually other teachers help out that aren't her regular teachers).

Talk about a breeze! I've always heard girls are easier. It rang true in this case.

Great job, Grace! She gets to pick out a toy this weekend for her success. She isn't even that concerned about a reward. William is more concerned that she gets a toy that he can "share" with her, so he keeps reminding me. She did say she'd like something that has to do with Ariel though. Too funny!

Proud of you Grace and thank you for being patient with your Mama in waiting for the perfect time to potty train :)

No comments:

Post a Comment