Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Clare is 5 Months!

5 months old
Clare is 5 months! I can't stop saying it. How are we here already? Maybe with summer arriving and the kids being out of school we will experience life in more slo-mo fashion than fast forward... here's hoping. Back to Clare though. She's 5 months! She's a doll. Such a sweet little peanut. Very content and very quiet. She really doesn't make a peep unless she's ready for bedtime or a feeding. She loves when people talk to her and she goes from a curious look to a big smile. Her favorite persons to watch are William and Grace. When I walk downstairs in the morning, William is usually right behind me and Clare will start smiling huge and giggling - for no reason. She just loves to watch both of them. Grace really enjoys talking to Clare, singing to her and making funny noises, which Clare just eats up. You can see her watching them and know she's wishing she could run with them.

I love this age when babies begin to interact more and develop a routine. They still sleep a lot, but are very interested in everything around them. Clare is grabbing at food, hair, any object now. She loves sitting in her exersaucer and playing with all the different toys attached to it. I think she prefers the view sitting up as well. More to see instead of laying on the ground. I've put her in the Bumbo seat and was surprised she could sit up in it. She's so long and lean there isn't enough girth for her to sit upright yet.

In the two days since she turned 5 months she is beginning to hit some milestones like wanting to crawl! She is scooting and getting up on all fours. For the past couple weeks she manages to go from one end of the crib to the other and turns 180 degrees. It's part army crawl, part rolling. She wants to move.

And then in her bath she sat up somewhat. She's still very hunched over, but she held herself like that for a couple minutes then she wants to fall onto her stomach.

I think she may start crawling before she is sitting up! We are in trouble when the crawling is in full effect because we have so many tiny toys all over the place. Legos and doll clothing and magnets... I think William and Grace's favorite toys are all very tiny. And clearly the house is not picked up at all times. I told William today that we need to be careful with the tiny toys once Clare can crawl and during his "rest time" he cleaned his entire room because he didn't want Clare to put anything in her mouth! It was super sweet. He said he put most of his toys under his bed because Clare hasn't learned to crawl under his bed yet haha!

A lot of fun this month and I'm looking forward to the next month. We may have a crawler by her 6 month post!


No comments:

Post a Comment