Wednesday, August 28, 2013

39 Weeks

Bunnies, bloomers and bows! We are ready for Grace!

Grace's 39 week appointment went as well as 37 and 38. Still 2 cm dilated / 50% effaced. Her heartbeat is happy and she's sitting cozy. I have been well, sleeping great and feeling patient. I think the past couple weeks of enjoying our new home and letting go of running around has been the key. BUT the one bummer: my platelet count is still low - on top of taking my medication. Not terribly low, but still in the 90s which technically doesn't meet the usual 100 count standard of most anesthesiologist administering an epidural.

D-Day should be interesting.

My hematologist bid me farewell and sent me off into the wild blue yonder with a simple handwritten note as a one last Hail Mary: she recommends an epidural and my platelets have been stable in the 90s. Best of luck.

We will have to test the power of persuasion when we arrive in the hospital. I guess my only hope is that my labor went so quickly with William that this labor will go the same way. My OB said not to diddle daddle at home if my water breaks or I'm feeling contractions because she could possibly come quicker than William (Matt said this doesn't bode well for my desire to shower and re-style my hair ;) Gotta look for my first meet and greet!).

So we wait. My next appointment is on Tuesday, September 3. 40 weeks. I am feeling strangely OK, so I don't have a feeling she will arrive in the next few days. It all can change so quickly though, so who knows!

Grace 39 weeks from the front - not so bad!

Then BAM! Sideways shot - she's a pointy little girl!


No comments:

Post a Comment