| William waited patiently to find out he will have a little sister |
I was shocked. It really took a week for the news to sink in. I wasn't walking around thinking it was a boy, but maybe subconsciously I was convinced it was a boy because it has been deja vu - every part of this pregnancy is reminiscent of William's pregnancy. I guess I couldn't imagine being told the baby is a girl! Though we all know it's always a 50/50 chance! I told Matt I was so nervous for the baby to be a girl and it feels like having a firstborn again! What do you do with a girl?! Matt reminded me that I was in a fact a girl, so it shouldn't be rocket science :)
| First girl purchase - Lilly bathing suit! |
![]() |
| Dinner at Houston's to celebrate "it's a GIRL" |
We have a lot more preparation to do now for a girl! All those nice hand me downs from William will be on hold. But until we are settled in the new house I haven't had a chance to immediately jump into any fun girl things yet. We are moving out of our first home into an interim space until our new home is finished - so life is a little hectic at the moment (HENCE the poor show in blogging). I have picked up a few outfits here and there, and they sure are sweet!
No names yet. We haven't talked about it at all. I need to feel settled before I can think about it. There are a few names on the table from when we thought of both boy and girl possibilities before finding out William was a boy, but that's it. I will keep you all updated though! As soon as we decide, it will be shared.
Oh! And one big difference in this pregnancy is the fact that I've been feeling movement from the baby forever! I swear since week 14 I have felt "kicks" and moving. Since 16-17 weeks I really feel movement. None that Matt would be able to see or feel, since it is very faint.
We are so excited about our growing family and I know William will be the best big brother. He is so sweet and really loves to be affectionate, so hopefully he can be sympathetic to a little lady in the house :) I'm really looking forward to the 20 week ultrasound coming up shortly. I am 18 weeks and still no belly shot! My belly really popped over the last week, so it is definitely time to share one. Maybe this weekend we can sneak one in while we move boxes left and right...



No comments:
Post a Comment