Tuesday, April 30, 2013

William's 15 Month Wellness Visit

William's wellness visit today was for 15 months. This visit was a little different than the past year of wellness visits because he got scared during certain parts of the check-up. He clung to me like a little spider monkey when they tried to weigh him, take his height measurements, listen to his heartbeat... He usually sits there quietly. Shots this time around induced more tears than the past year too. Much more dramatic, but by the time the nurse walked out he was happy. Here are the stats! He actually "put on" more weight than usual and then of course he's still a tall boy.

Weight: 22 lb 8 oz - 45th%
Height: 33.5" - 99th%

We talked about brushing his teeth regularly -- speaking of, three of William's teeth are coming in now. He stalled out at 6 teeth for quite some time. He has definitely been a little cranky lately, and I checked and saw the molar last week. The two bottom teeth were news to me today.

Blue are in - green are new for William!

Utensil practice is great to start now, which we have been doing. I let him play with yogurt when we aren't in a rush due to the nice mess he produces. Then we use a spork for certain food. He loves when I hook a piece of food and let him take over from there. As soon as the spork comes out, food gets a lot more interesting. He loves feeding himself.

Food is off and on in terms of what he likes -- also mentioned by the nurse today. Some days he loves a certain food and other days he doesn't want anything to do with it. He still eats a ton - of whatever he's interested in for the day. He loves fruit, that's for sure. We picked up a smoothie this weekend and he barely let me get a sip in. I don't know how he didn't get a brain freeze! 

Post wellness visit afternoon walk -- sans pants

I spot dada parking and I'm happy he's home

He knows a handful of words, which the nurse said he should know at least 2 at this point - so William is doing great on that front. Ball, balloon, Maggie, Mama, Dada, cracker are the favorites - in his own language, of course.

Lastly, the biggest 15 month take away is -- watch the boy! The nurse said at this age they are into everything (you're telling me!) and so watching him constantly is necessary. For instance, if we are somewhere with a pool, assign me or Matt to watch him constantly - accidents happen when someone "thought the other one was watching him." Ain't it the truth. William manages to find the most mundane object and make it dangerous. Yesterday he grabbed a Q-tip and knew to stick it in his ear - good thing I was standing right there and grabbed it before he ruptured his eardrum! Whew...

So hitting lots of milestones around here. William is 15 months and I am 22 weeks along. We went to the beach on Sunday and here is the belly in all it's glory -- see below. I feel like it took the same amount of time to initially "pop" between William and baby #2, but in just a couple weeks I look much more pregnant than I did with William at this point...

Your belly is hanging out, Ma!
22 weeks with William - 2011


Sleeping with tons of pillows at night has taken effect and the usual aches and pains are here. I had a cleaning marathon on Sunday evening and paid the price the next day. It felt like I lifted weights for two days straight! I used a heating pad every chance I could that day. Just can't move the same as when not pregnant. Also - I got my results back from my blood platelet count from last week and I am over 100 (104 to be exact) so that is good news! No hematologist for this month.

No comments:

Post a Comment