Monday, September 19, 2011

Kicks

This past Saturday marked 21 weeks and every day leading up since 20 weeks was full of baby kicks. The first time I felt a kick was after hitting 19 weeks, but they were less frequent and I wasn't positive that was what I was feeling. Many people said it would feel like butterflies (nope), goldfish (nope), a drop on a rollercoaster (nope) -- but for me it felt like a very, very light kick. A tiny push inside my stomach. The kicks seem to come mostly after having a meal or when I'm laying in bed before hitting the hay at night. In fact, I can feel Baby O right now as I write (I just had some greek yogurt with granola). Crazy! Matt is eager to feel a kick and will even try to listen to my stomach (maybe he's hoping for a kick to the head?). But my Baby Center alerts tell me he won't be able to feel a kick for a few more weeks. Such an exciting feeling and I find myself looking forward to the little nudges every few hours!


Baby O has also been on the move travel wise. Matt and I were in Chicago over the weekend with some of my family to celebrate my cousin Megan's engagement. Her soon to be mother-in-law threw her a bridal shower in their hometown and it was a great chance to meet Megan's fiance's family before the wedding in November. I was also pretty thrilled with the weekend because of the weather -- some real Fall weather - crisp, cool and no humidity! 

Marie, the bride - Megan, and me at Megan's Chicago bridal shower
Megan and Kevin -- soon to be Mr. & Mrs. Kevin Daniele
(with a Wrigley - their dog - look-a-like)

Matt and I with the Chicago River behind us

No comments:

Post a Comment