Monday, November 7, 2016

Reading and Writing for William

William has become quite the student. He's extremely interested in learning to write and that started at the beginning of 3 day 3's last year with writing his name. This year with Pre-K, reading is the added interest. 

He's spelling out some simple words like Lego and Elmo, asking how to spell our first names, writing "letters" (uppercase and lowercase all jumbled together then tells me what his note "says") and now the reading, which is exciting! I picked up a collection of first readers books for him and read the first one in the set a few weeks ago. He immediately wanted to read it by himself. It only has a few basic words that make up the "book" and I can tell he's mesmerizing the words, which I guess is where it all begins! 



We have started reading chapter books too. Charlotte's Web and My Father's Dragon are the first two. He stays interested and we only read a chapter or two a night. I'm happy William seems to love reading as much as I do! I am most excited for him to read Harry Potter! 

Keep up the good work, William! Hopefully the video above of him reading that first night shows up properly... 

No comments:

Post a Comment