Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Talking Up a Storm

The few weeks leading up to William's 2 year wellness visit it was as if his vocabulary exploded. He was already saying around 50 words give or take (yes, I counted because I received a babycenter email and was curious if he was on the mark) in December and using two word and occasionally three word "sentences." But since then it's as if his vocabulary has exploded yet again! The words he's repeating are unbelievable and he's clearing paying very close attention to us speaking. He even said "Oh gooosh!" the other day ;) Needless to say, we need to watch our mouths!

He using new words like "blueberries" and "watch" (as in watch me) and "clean up mess." There are so many I can't possibly write them all down. He copies the "sound" of phrases too. Such as we were doing a puzzle on the ground and whenever a piece didn't fit I would say "No..." in a way that elongated the "o." Well then William started copying the way I was saying "No" as he tried each puzzle piece himself. Or "Ooookay" when the "o" is elongated, he is copying now. Hard to explain in words :) But he is quite the sponge.

He's saying people's names now, which is very fun! He knows our babysitter's name very well and has been saying that the past couple weeks. He calls her "Katie" or " Kay Kay" and then he says "Mac" for his cousin Max. Yesterday he said "Grandma" after he and Grandma Jody went to the Science Center together for the morning! It's so much fun to start getting names down! He's also saying "Maggie" in it's entirety. He stopped calling her "Gee" many months ago and only referred to her as "Dog" for a while, but now it's "Maggie." Amazing! I love it!

The manners are coming along nicely too. He knows full well to say "Please" (or Peez) for when he needs something and he says "Thank you" once he receives something. Sounds more like "Dangu" though :) It's the thought that counts and I am happy we have a well-mannered boy in the works!

He likes to be funny with his words as well. He was sitting at the dinner table eating with Katie earlier this week and I was sitting on the computer. He started yelling very loudly knowing full well I was only a couple feet away, "MAMA! MAMA!" And as soon as I peered over and said, "Yes, William?" He would say, "Hiiiiiii!" He was acting like he had something major to share then gives a smiley, tricked you look to just say "Hi." Funny boy :)

Lots of fun communicating with each other and I'm looking forward to many conversations!

Little book worm adding to his vocab




No comments:

Post a Comment