The bottles are gone. I think (actually I know) I am more sad to see them go than William. It was really nice to end the night in his room sitting in the dark with a bottle. He relaxed and would end up in the crib with a big content smile on his face. So sweet. The night of his wellness visit we didn't give him a bottle. I gave him a sippy cup of whole milk earlier in the day and he drank it with no problem - as expected. I tried to give him a second sippy cup of milk that evening to "replace" the bottle and he barely got through half of it. After bath time we read a book and then I put him in his crib. Maybe he wasn't tired or maybe he noticed the routine was off, but he rolled around from 7:15-8:45p in his crib - not making a peep or looking upset though. He finally stopped playing and fell asleep. The next night we did the same thing, but gave him the sippy cup of milk at dinner. He got a bath and we put him in his crib with no bottle again - fast asleep immediately. So long, bottles... William is a big boy now. The bottle dryer and all his bottles are gone from the kitchen counter now. The counter looks so bare now!

No comments:
Post a Comment