Thursday, January 31, 2013

12 Month Wellness Visit

William had his one year / 12 month wellness visit this morning. Pretty uneventful. The biggest two changes:

1. Start brushing his teeth and
2. Make the transition to whole milk from formula.

William only has one bottle at night now, so I'm not too worried about the change. William has not been picky about any changes in the milk department - from nursing to formula to less bottles every few months. He really likes water too. He will chug a sippy cup of water. So maybe today is the day to start milk.

Then a few shots, which didn't make him very happy - but a couple minutes of crying and we were out of there. Did you know kids don't get chicken pox anymore?? He got the chicken pox vaccine today and a booster shot is given before kindergarten. Wow so itchy red spots in our future - hopefully. I never really had chicken pox, so I can't really speak from experience. They tested me at 16 because they were worried I'd get them as an adult and apparently it can get pretty nasty as an adult. Turns out I had a case of the chicken pox as some point in my life, but no one knew! I guess lucky for all of us. We won't be dealing with that childhood right of passage with William so it seems.

William's stats are still a steady growth. Lean and long.

Weight: 20.5 lbs (32nd percentile)
Height: 31.25" (92th percentile)

 
 




We go back at 15 months for his next wellness visit and hopefully not sooner! Good job, William!

No comments:

Post a Comment