| 34 weeks |
This past week I have absolutely felt "pregnant." Till now I've had some small discomforts even now and then, but now I can't stand sitting in one spot for too long because my ribs and back get really uncomfortable, sleeping on my side at night doesn't feel right unless my pillow is between my knees, there is more pressure lower in my pelvis and thought I'd never say it.... but there is definitely a waddle starting to occur as a result of that lower pelvis pressure. Eesh!
So that's all great, but then I met with Dr. Shroff today... the hematologist. My blood platelets dropped quite a bit since two weeks ago, so now I have to take a prescription to try and up that platelet number. It may go right back to normal. It may not. It isn't a proven method, so I'll be going back next week to see how my numbers look. Then take it from there.
In other fun news - Matt and I finished our childbirth series (3 classes once a week at the YMCA). I did skip our second class - labor and delivery. I kind of figure... it is what it is. Why give myself more to think about - surprise me! The first class was helpful in explaining how to know you're going into labor and they also toured us around the hospital - from labor and delivery to postpartum. Then the last class we learned how to take care of our new baby - very important! Matt changed his very FIRST diaper (on a fake baby doll) and was a natural. This was our baby - please excuse the glasses, my contacts were irritating my eyes. Isn't he swaddled so nicely? We have much more to learn, but it was a nice little preview of life to come!

No comments:
Post a Comment