 |
| Let us in!! |
William and Grace started the 2016-2017 school year on Monday! William begins Pre-K and that feels like a big milestone. He's at school FOUR times a week and it seems like way too much time away from home! Grace is in 3 day 3's and that seems like too much too! Usually I'm excited for them (and I still am), but this was a tough year! Both of them are gone a majority of the weekday mornings now... (I begin to blubber and Matt comforts me by saying "and soon they'll be in college and gone FOREVER!"). But of course, they were pumped and couldn't wait to get into their classrooms.
 |
| First Day picture of William |
 |
| First Day picture of Grace |
 |
| Daddy came along too |
 |
| Hot and sweaty waiting for the doors to open |
 |
| Big man on campus! |
 |
| Grace with Mrs. Carter |
 |
| William with Mrs. Holland |
William gets to walk upstairs to his classroom all by himself as a big Pre-K man, which he heard at Meet the Teacher. He didn't forget. As soon as we walked into the building he said he wanted to lead the way to his classroom by himself. We were a few steps behind and hugged him goodbye at the classroom. He was the first one in and so he got a nice picture with Mrs. Holland. Since then I've been walking him into the building each day this week and yesterday I needed to go in to the front office, which is upstairs. William told me, "Stay down here and don't come up until I'm in my classroom." So I had to wait at the bottom of the stairs, he checked that I wasn't following and off he went. I waited one minute then went up to the front office -- and of course popped my head into his classroom to make sure he got there :)
Grace didn't even say goodbye to us. She had to pick out her name and begin the "check-in" process with Mrs. Carter. We yelled "Bye Grace!" - got nothing - and went off.
Two happy kiddos - happy bee and a happy monkey actually. I think this will be a really great year. They have great kids in their classes and their teachers are great. Relishing the last year with William and Grace being together at this school... I hope it goes by slowly.
Good luck this year you two! We can't wait to see how you grow!
No comments:
Post a Comment