Friday, September 12, 2014

Grace is 1!

12 months old!

Grace is 1 and it is still unreal to me! She turned 1 a couple weeks ago at this point. She's still a tiny baby in my mind, but really she's a "stand my ground, run as fast as my little legs allow, jump in the big wading pool, shake my head no, no, no, laugh louder than others" little girl in the making! She's a hoot and she is going to be one to reckon with down the road, we believe. She is not a wall flower and cruises through the crowd like she's ready for a great time.

Both sides too cute!

Shades


Walking on the beach with pink bear


Big bows for the big girl!


Toddler band at the playground


No babies were hurt in the taking of this picture. Naughty girl!


She smiles constantly. She has the sweetest smile. She has 8 teeth and her molars started coming in a week or two before her first birthday. I didn't even notice till she seemed to be putting her fingers in her mouth more often than usual (she still attempts to taste everything which is why I didn't think much of it). By the time I looked inside her mouth the molars had broken through a great deal. What a tough little lady!

Oooh William! Come down, come down!

Who's the boss around here?

Ruh Roh... boo boo on the forehead didn't phase her

She loves sitting in chairs and the sofa


Right before Grace's first birthday she was down to 1 bottle at bedtime and it was around 4-6 oz. She loves food. It was a breeze to get rid of bottles. After her 12 month wellness we dropped that bottle completely. She had one night where I gave her a bottle because she didn't eat a huge dinner and I feel bad about her going to bed without a full tummy. That happened once and the past 10 days there's been no bottles. 

You're 12. Get out of the baby pool or I'll stare you down.

She smiles 95% of the time and the other 5% she's showing her disapproval with her stink eye! See above. Haha! I laugh so hard when she does this because it's honestly her showing she's not happy. You correct her, she might throw a stink eye your way. In the case above an older girl jumped into the tiny baby pool and was splashing around, so Grace wasn't having it. Grace stood there till the girl left.

I love the beach and my Daddy


We love to wrestle with big bear


Little sis and big bro love each other!

William and Grace are obsessed with each other! It's funny how only a couple weeks can make a difference because last month it was kind of NOT fun to hold her back from William while he was playing. She would grab his crayons and eat them, she'd knock down the castle he had just built, she would sit down on top of him when he was racing cars on the floor... She's cooled it down and so the "fighting" has gone down. She still wants to be near William, but she's not being AS naughty :) They laugh together so much. I don't know what they're thinking, but they will look at each other and crack up. She looks for him in his bedroom every morning or after naps, and vice versa. William will give her hugs and kisses randomly (our loving and affectionate boy!) and she laughs so hard when he does. She actually puts her arms around him now too! 

Selfie!

Let's go to the playground!

Earlier in the month. Literally holding her back from William.

Two cute babies!!

Gosh, I feel like I never mention toys with her. She's like William was. Not a huge fan of lots of toys. She's more into chasing, running, being active. She does like to pick up his cars and planes. She will take a plane and pretend it's soaring through the air. She likes to pick up heavy things too. Haha! I'm impressed with her strength at times. In the next couple months I will start bringing her to the open gym time. I know she will love running around in there and climbing up, around and over things.

Run, Run, Run


What a year! It's been the best. She was the easiest, most agreeable, most happy baby ever. She made the transition to two, which I hear many say can be difficult, a complete breeze. Coming home from the hospital she was sleeping big chunks of time and was so content to snooze during the day in her swing. She loved the car, had no problem sleeping on the go. I literally remember only 2 nights where Matt woke up to assist with her (growth spurt time), so I'm sure Matt could attest to what a breeze it was too! I remember going to William's school 2 days after giving birth to pick him up and feeling great. Even went to a mom coffee a week later and the moms couldn't believe how great she was at sleeping and that I wasn't feeling tired. She has been nothing short of amazing. Amazing Grace she is! Thank you, Grace!! We are so happy to call you ours!

Months 1 through 12!

No comments:

Post a Comment