Our little artist William is a big fan of drawing. He was always up for art in school and when he's at home it's not unusual for him to ask for crayons and a coloring book. He will flip from page to page randomly scribbling and talk about what he's creating. And this weekend there was a new development -- coloring inside the lines (his best attempts and very, very close)!
 |
| Too busy coloring to eat! |
Notice the clown's hair (top blue arrow) and the star (bottom blue arrow). I looked over while at dinner and all by himself, there he was very focused on coloring inside the lines of different areas! Yes, it's a funny observation, but I just love to see new abilities! I never encouraged drawing inside the lines. I let him color as he pleases. So it's fun to see him conquer something new on his own.
Another amazing observation -- William can do small puzzles by himself! We have been doing puzzles with William probably since he was 2. He loves doing puzzles and has always needed assistance. He has understood how puzzle pieces fit and some don't, but we'd guide him along the way. But last week he took a truck puzzle, sat alone and finished it! It's actually a box of four different truck puzzles and he did them all (in different sittings). They're 12 piece puzzles.
 |
| Puzzles! |
 |
| Puzzle in progress |
 |
| Puzzle almost finished |
 |
| All done! |
When he completes the puzzle he says, "I did it!" and raises both arms up in the air. So cute!
 |
| Another truck puzzle |
 |
| Bulldozer puzzle this time |
I love the concentration! He amazes me every day. Something new all the time. Great job, William!
No comments:
Post a Comment