Thursday, July 31, 2014

Crib Days

The day arrived... William climbed out of his crib. 

He's climbed INTO his crib and Grace's crib to visit on many occasions. He requests assistance in getting OUT though. William likes a little adventure, but I know for him the drop is a little daunting. Lately, he has been throwing his leg over the side and balancing himself on the rail. So we knew the time was near. 

This happened this past Thursday on the eve of his 2 1/2 birthday.

I put him down for a nap post Curious George exhibit visit at the Science Center (perhaps the inspiration?? Curious George would definitely climb out of his crib...) and a few minutes later heard him yelling for Peter. Peter Rabbit was downstairs. I went in his room and he was halfway over the rail. I put him back in the crib and told him I would go downstairs and get him. When this situation arises, William gets very worked up, but once you reassure him he waits patiently for your return. I reassured him, went downstairs and when I came back up -- found him at the top of the stairs, smiling. Unless he has learned to apparate (Harry Potter reference) then he climbed out in two seconds by himself. Grace was asleep already. She definitely didn't help him. 

Oh geez... Time for a bed?? This sounds like too much freedom for my taste. I was hoping he would stay there till college. 

Such a big boy. 

I don't think he will make it a habit for now. He really does love his bed and since then he's only climbed out of bed when I'm there (and taking too long to get him out because I'm doing something for Grace). So I think we will stick with the crib for the time being... 





No comments:

Post a Comment