William and I ventured up to D.C. together a couple weeks ago and we had a great time running around the monuments and exploring the National Zoo. Also, the flight up and back were a breeze. William can now sit in his seat and concentrate on an activity the entire time we're in the air. It was great!
 |
| Washington Monument |
 |
| WWII Monument |
 |
| Watching the sunset over the Lincoln Memorial |
The next day we went to the National Zoo with Erica and Cole. I'd say this was his first true zoo experience, but he has seen a few animals at Disney's Animal Kingdom like a giraffe, lion and zebra. One of the highlights was the panda bear exhibit. I don't think Matt has ever seen a panda himself and William can already cross that off the list! And not only a panda bear, but a baby panda bear too, which is pretty rare! Little Bao Bao was sitting high up in a tree all curled up.
We stopped by my Aunt Celine's and visited with family. William kept calling my brother, "Boy" and so when Daniel and my cousin Alec would go back inside to watch lacrosse, William would run to the front door and yell in, "Hey boy!" trying to get them to come back outside to play.
Then we threw a sprinkle for Erica on Sunday! Erica, Jared and big brother Cole are expecting a little girl in July. A little photo collage for the main event below!
 |
| Baby girl sprinkle for Erica! |
A great mother and son weekend! I hope William enjoys traveling as much as I do - he was a great travel buddy!
No comments:
Post a Comment