William has gotten into TV shows now that he's turned 2 and I didn't think he'd have the attention span for a movie until he was closer to 3. Turns out he was ready!
It all started with Peter Rabbit, as I'm sure I've mentioned before. He still loves Peter and anyone that spends time with him knows that! Thomas the Train love developed after Peter. Then he likes Sesame Street if Elmo pops on. And most recently Chuggington is a hit. He calls Chuggington (he's a train), "Ten." I'd say those are the only shows he watches right now. He's only allowed 1 show a day at the max (they're about 25 minutes - perfect for before dinner time). I try to go a couple days without turning one at all as well. I'd rather go outside and play.
 |
| Holding Thomas the Train - a favorite Easter gift |
And so his first movie (start to finish) is Frozen, the new Disney movie about two sister princesses living in a cold blistery wintery tundra. There is a snowman in Frozen, a couple handsome Disney men, and a reindeer. William loves the snowman and Anna. And he loves the whole soundtrack. He has watched the movie twice and didn't budge an inch while it was on. I downloaded the soundtrack and whenever we're in the car, William asks to listen to "Wa-wa." I have no idea why he calls the movie "Wa-wa." Or he will say "Snowman?" I hear him occasionally sing "Do you want to build a snowman?" and the only words he "sings" is "Build, snowman... Build, snowman..." and he says it in a sing songy voice. Cracks me up.

He's watched parts of Up and parts of Cars as well. While I was away this past weekend in NYC visiting friends, Matt said he turned Cars on for William. There was a scene where one of the cars gets "attacked" (for lack of a more kid-friendly term...) by other cars and Matt said William burst into tears. Legit, "I am so upset this car is getting hurt and I don't like it" - tears. Matt consoled him and everything turned out okay. I was a little worried it upset him so much though!
 |
| Watching Frozen songs on my iPhone |
 |
| Still watching Frozen songs... |
 |
| Watching tv together |
For Easter we picked up Jungle Book and Winnie the Pooh. We haven't opened them yet, but we may open shortly once the soundtrack to Frozen starts to wear thin on my ears :) We're looking forward to many a fun movie date with William!
No comments:
Post a Comment