Tuesday, December 10, 2013

3 Months for Grace

3 months

Grace is 3 months old! She's growing so quickly and already moving onto big milestones such as rolling over! She rolled over for the first time last week and then didn't do it again for a few days, but yesterday afternoon she started up and wouldn't stop. Any time I put her down now she will roll over onto her tummy from her back. She's loving the view from her tummy!

Working on tummy time in Virginia
Post rolling over

Grace is the most smiley little lady and still loves when people stare at her and talk. She talks back and forth and can get very loud in her conversation. She uses her whole face to smile. She squeezes her eyes and bunches her whole face up. It's the sweetest thing!

Smiling is my favorite!

Still mellow as ever. She sits in her bouncy chair or swing taking in the world. She laughs at William all the time. He has accidentally poked her in the eye and she kept laughing. Grace will definitely be one resilient girl. Nothing upsets her except when she's hungry or can't fall asleep. Nothing else phases her.

William you're crushing me

She's eating 5-6 times a day and has gone up to 6 oz. She had a 3 month growth spurt when we were in Virginia… up every two hours wanting to eat. She's been able to sleep 12 hours since around 8-9 weeks, and so I haven't been feeding her in the middle of the night for some time. She still occasionally gets up, but it's her needing help to get back to sleep. I walk into her room, pop a paci in her mouth and walk out two seconds later. Then she's out again. The funny thing is she doesn't ever take a paci that easily during the day. I have to hold a paci in her mouth during the day to get her to calm down when upset - kind of the same way I did with William. Not sure why at nighttime it's easy for her to take.

She's taking a bottle really well when given and has tasted formula, which at first she wasn't a huge fan of. Just something different I guess. Feeding in general is different than it was with William. William would eat at any time. If she's not hungry, she's not hungry and she's not interested.

Sleep during the day is still in and out. I see the morning sleep comes much more easily and she's still sleeping in the swing downstairs… I know, I know… it's a crutch and I need to bring her upstairs. I think I will try this week using the swaddle in her bed upstairs. Actually, I take that back. I did put her right back to bed in the swaddle the past two days in her bed. She slept from 7a till 9:30/10a. It's a start!


Passed out on the play mat

A favorite toy is her peacock that makes crunchy noises and has a mirror on it. I put it on her farmyard mat and she smiles and smiles at it. She loves to bat this one stuffed toy that makes laughing noises too.

Grace still looks very long and big. She's in all 3-6 month clothing. We definitely have a brown eyed girl too! There isn't a bit of blue in them. Her hair is growing quickly too.

Lots of fun watching her grow and we will go see the doctor next month for her 4 month wellness visit.   We sure do love our pretty girl!!


No comments:

Post a Comment