Once again William is collecting his frequent flyer miles fast and furious. His fourth roundtrip flight was to Washington, DC earlier this month. We enjoyed a weekend with dad and then William and I stuck around for a few days more. It was a great trip with nothing much planned - just relaxing and enjoying family and friends -- perfect!
While Dad was around we went to Cox Farms - I have great memories here picking out pumpkins when I was little on school field trips and petting all the different farm animals. It was a gorgeous fall day and I loved bundling up William!
 |
| Welcome to Cox Farms, William! |
 |
| I love his little barn coat! |
Dad and Mama even got a night out while my mom and Aunt Celine watched Mr. William. Wine tasting in Clifton with the Collins.
 |
| Cole joined the party too! |
Another great part of the week was meeting a couple new friends for William! I mentioned in
Month 3 post that my high school friends Erica and Lauren were expecting babies this fall. Well, the boys have made their arrivals! Cole Thomas Collins and Coleman John Woodley! William missed out on the duo's meet and greet we had at the Woodley's house, but he did get lunch with Cole Collins later in the week. We also got to celebrate Cole Collin's Baptism that weekend at the Collins' house. Cole is "totally Catholic" now - Erica will appreciate that one! :)
 |
| Coleman Woodley and Cole Collins |
 |
| Cole's Baptism day! |
Other fun activities were walking Burke Lake in the mornings, cold days in our fleece pjs with a nice fire going, playing with the fall leaves... Heaven.
 |
| Burke Lake walk |
 |
| Watching Mac outside |
 |
| Something new |
 |
| Start em young - little laxer |
And I can't forget flying back home as a solo parent! Until now flights were a breeze because William didn't move. Now that he's very mobile and very motivated to investigate everything around him, I got a little nervous thinking I couldn't contain him and someone sitting next to us would not be happy. My prayers were answered though! Our row was empty, the flight attendants let me on the plane before everyone else (even before other families for some reason!) and take off was on time. Couldn't be better! What a nice trip. We are looking forward to many more trips back to Virginia and D.C.
 |
| Ahh... one nice empty row! Bye Bye VA! |
1 comment:
It was so great to spend so much time with you on your VA Trip! You are right, I do love the "totally Catholic" bit! I hope your good travel vibes rub off on Cole and I when we head south in a few weeks!
Post a Comment