Thursday, July 26, 2012

6 months old


William is half a year old! FREEZE! I love this moment and wish I could stop time right now. He reminds me of a little boy more and more each day. He's accomplished so much this past month and this post could probably be several pages long. He's a very happy boy and wakes up every morning with the brightest smile on his face. The only time he's cranky is when you know he's ready for a nap or bedtime. He loves being part of the conversation whether we're out to dinner, visiting friends or sitting at home. All he wants to do is sit on my lap and face out. I love when he's sitting there very content watching all the activity going on and looks up every so often at me just to double check I'm still the one holding him. Gives me a big smile and goes back to watching whatever is happening. Well the monthly updates... here we go!
  • Working on sitting up unsupported. It's a balancing act right now. He holds it for a few seconds and falls to his stomach -- he likes to roll around.
  • Beginning to sit in a highchair at restaurants if his highchair cover is inserted. The cover seems to make him more comfortable instead of just the hard wooden chair. 
  • Rolling is a breeze. He twirls all over the place on his stomach and manages to get around without crawling. He's such a rolly polly.
  • Starting to bounce on all fours and holds his head up very high... crawling soon maybe?
  • Loves his walker. The only bad part is he doesn't have enough wood floor to really cruise, so he usually hits a "roadblock" and gets upset that he can't go any further.
  • Loves the jumper and even when he isn't in his jumper he wants to jump! If you hold him up on your knees he jumps up and down, up and down. I can't believe how strong those skinny little legs are getting. He can stand up so long as you provide support under his arms.
  • Started swinging. We walk to the park in Baldwin and he swings back and forth in the tiny baby swing.
  • His playmat bores him. The days of sitting underneath it staring at the animals for hours on end are gone. He can stand it for a little, but he's much more interested in lights and sounds. We picked up a few new toys to entertain him. 
 
Thanks for helping me stand, Aunt Sonni!

Swinging at the brown park!

This is a new interesting view! Dinner at Jimmy Hula's in the highchair
 
  • Full time formula baby now! And he loves it. The smile that spreads across his face when I'm making a bottle is hysterical! I can't believe we made it this long nursing, but like my friend Erin said - just make little milestones for yourself and you can do it. I'm thrilled with 6 months. 
  • Wants to hold his own bottle, but it's still a little heavy for him. Once he's halfway through the bottle he can hold it. 
  • Swallowing food now. The first handful of times the food ended up on his bib, but now he's actually taking it all in. Last week he would swallow if I got the food in his mouth, but this week he leans forward and opens his mouth. No more shuddering as he eats. We have still only tried rice cereal, sweet potatoes, and applesauce once. I've started making his food with my babycook and I love it!
Bottoms up!

  • Daytime naps: check! He's taking 2 solid naps a day and then sometimes a 3rd nap in the late afternoon. His first nap is around 9:30-10a and the second is around 1:30-2p. Making it from 3:30p to bedtime at 7:30-8p seems a little difficult and that is when the short 3rd nap comes into play.  
  • Still sleeping at night! Praise the Lord! 7:30-8p and waking up around 8a.
  • Sleeps with his little bum in the air now. So cute and I can't believe he finds that comfortable!
What a cute tushie!

And right before his 6 month birthday I had my first weekend getaway since William was born. Daddy had full-time duty! I was in Boston for a couple days and spent the day at the beach in Newport, RI on my final day. Catching up with my friends was so much fun... lots of shopping, eating, champagne drinking and sun. It wasn't that long ago that we enjoyed summers in Newport before husbands and kids... Then here we are now -- a few kiddies later! We head back to Newport in a few weeks for a long beach weekend - William's first trip to New England! It's been a great month with William and I know it only gets better. Happy 6 month, William!
    Summer 2012 girls weekend in Boston and Newport

    Summer 2003 - sailing lessons in Newport, RI

No comments:

Post a Comment